Opening Night - Thursday 22/5/1997


Left the house at approx. 4.15pm. Got the 5.30pm bus and arrived at the Centre, 6.30pm. Several times during the journey felt a very deep sadness.

Following a short tea break we went into the session room around 7.30pm for our introductions. At about 9.25pm the experienced breathers, including myself, then returned to the session room for our Shamanic Journey.

This time I travelled down a tunnel which was high enough for me to walk through, and as I cautiously moved downwards, I was constantly aware of a strong earthy smell all around me. I felt the presence of my black panther but he wouldn't show himself. Almost immediately I went into intense grief and sobbed my guts out for the remainder of the journey. Later, talked with Michael for over half an hour about my terrible sadness then went into the kitchen where I remained very distant with everyone for a long time.

I had just begun talking to Don when Jane came in. I first met Jane at my first weekend in this centre last October and was deeply moved by her experience on the Friday. For some strange reason I felt connected to her ever since. Later, when Don left, Jane, Gerard, Noel and I got into very deep conversation and talked 'till 4.30am. Jane needed a smoke so we went out into the small back yard for a few moments, then after I left her down to her room, I went to bed around 4.45am.

No comments:

Post a Comment