Closing Day - Sunday 20/4/1997


Slept 'till 6.05am. Got up 7.20am. Had shower and breakfast. Had great laugh in the kitchen then stripped bed and packed.

At 9.55am went into the session room for the three hour small group sharing. I was fine, even during my own sharing but went to pieces while listening to other harrowing experiences which was really just bringing up my own shit. Una, who was sitting beside me, held my hand which was so comforting. Finished up 1.05pm and again became very upset when hugging Una and Suzanne.

During lunch, a woman in my group needed a lot of comforting, so I remained in the dining room with her for a long time after lunch was over.

Returned to the session room for the Closing Ceremony at 3.00pm. Half way through I became very tired so rested against the cushions. By the time we all tidied up and said our farewells, I was ready to leave at 4.30pm. I gave the distraught woman my phone number and comforted her again for a few moments before leaving.

Got a lift into the city centre. Several times during the journey I felt very sick, mainly from the heat and tiredness. While waiting for my bus my head went really spacey, I felt dizzy and thought I was going to puke. Just about survived the journey and arrived home at 6.00pm.

By the time I got into the house I was feeling so bad I didn't care whether I eat or not even though I'd eaten very little all day. I just had a small amount of left-over potatoes. At around 7.45pm developed a terrible stomach cramp and following another dose of the runs, went to bed at 8.00pm where I instantly fell into a deep sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment